- Befriending the Suttas: Tips on Reading the Pali Discourses, by John Bullitt (2001; 40k/10pp.)
- Why should I read the suttas? Which ones should I read? How should I read them?
- Beyond the Tipitaka: A Field Guide to Post-canonical Pali Literature, by John Bullitt (2002; 47k/12pp.)
- An overview of the Tipitaka commentaries, sub-commentaries, and other classical Theravadan non-canonical texts.
- A Guide to Learning the Pali Language, by John Bullitt (2004; 48k/12pp.)
- Some suggestions for getting started learning Pali.
- What is Theravada Buddhism?, by John Bullitt (2005; 34k/8pp.)
- An outline of the origins and principal teachings of Theravada Buddhism.